RE: [IPp] Re: Question about weight gain

Dear David,

We have only been pumping since June with the MiniMed Paradigm.  I am
sorry I can't help you, but we have never had to use the hotline number
(knock on wood)

(1)non diab.>From: "David Clark" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: RE: [IPp] Re:
Question about weight gain >Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:28:39 -0500 > >Good
morning, all. > >General question that I would appreciate your input. >
>What has your experience been with the Amimas/Minimed/Disetronic 24 hour
>Help Lines when you have called them with questions/concerns etc.? >
>Has the response times been rapid (dependably so)? > >Have the people
you've spoken with been friendly? helpful? > knowledgeable? -
Consistently? > >Thanks a lot. > >David > >-----Original Message-----
>From: email @ redacted
>[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
>email @ redacted >Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 8:19 AM >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Re: Question
about weight gain > > >Our endo told us that some kids lose weight when
pumping since they are only >eating when and how much they want and they
are no longer forced to "feed" >the insulin from injections. Other kids
gain weight on the pump because of >the freedom to eat whatever and
whenever. I think that for the older kids it >is more common to gain
extra weight since they can eat more and the little >ones get full
quickly. >Matthew has stayed the same, he did not lose or gain. He is
almost 6yrs old >and weighs 47lbs. >Sarah :)