Re: [IPp] Re: Question about weight gain

In a message dated 8/22/02 9:19:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Other kids gain weight on the pump because of
> the freedom to eat whatever and whenever. I think that for the older kids
> it
> is more common to gain extra weight since they can eat more and the little
> ones get full quickly.

   Good points...at age 13, what Melissa always hated most about MDI was
"having to eat", so for the first 5 1/2 yrs on the pump, her weight was
stable....when she went off to college one year ago, the extra eating in that
environment quickly packed on 15 lbs which she's still struggling to get rid
Renee (Melissa's pump mom)