From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 8:19 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Re: Question about weight gain

Our endo told us that some kids lose weight when pumping since they are only
eating when and how much they want and they are no longer forced to "feed"
the insulin from injections.  Other kids gain weight on the pump because of
the freedom to eat whatever and whenever. I think that for the older kids it
is more common to gain extra weight since they can eat more and the little
ones get full quickly.
Matthew has stayed the same, he did not lose or gain. He is almost 6yrs old
and weighs 47lbs.
Sarah :)