[IPp] Re: Question about weight gain

     Claire age 8 (dx at age 2) had always been at 75 percentile for weight
and 50th percentile for height since age 1.  However, since pumping began on
her 7th birthday 16 months ago, she has gained weight slower and now both
percentiles are close to 50.  Since her control is so much better than the
very poor control she had with injections I don't have to worry about this, I
know that she isn't peeing out too many calories.  Because she feels so much
better, she is more active than when she was on injections and went to 400
almost every day.
     So I think that you can probably see things go either way, or not change
at all when kids start pumping.
     Has your son's lifestyle changed much?
     I would be quite concerned if he is retaining water and looking puffy.
I'm glad you are seeing your doctor soon, there could be medical issues to
the situation.
     Keep us posted and good luck next week with the doctor.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8