Re: [IPp] School Nurses

Dear Angela,

That is so nice.  I am really happy for you.  I sure wish we went to your

(1)non diab.>From: "Angela Parham" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: "Parents-of-Pumpers"
>Subject: Re: [IPp] School Nurses >Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:21:11 -0500
> > >Just thought > >I would share that there are some schools and
>districts that none of > >this is a problem. > >Jocelyn, Brian's mom > >
>I just wanted to pitch in here and say we have been very, very lucky
also >(so far anyway). My daughter just started Kindergarten this year,
and I was >SO nervous! We had our little meeting on the 504 and to plan
b.s. checks, >etc, and I knew right away we were going to have an easy
adjustment (except >I was a little emotional about sending my first baby
to school!). The >counselor for the elementary has had diabetes since she
was a kid, and is on >the pump. She is taking care of all pump related
things, meal bolus, >corrections, etc. She was also great in the meeting,
pointing out some >things we needed to include in the plan and that we
needed to schedule an >extra check because of when p.e. class is. >
>Since she started school this week, the nurse has called me anytime she
was >unsure of what to do or to confirm that she did the right thing.
This is a >small school, which I think may be to Ashleys benefit,
because they have >been so great. I couldnt ask for a better nurse or
pump assistance than >this. But Im still a little emotional about her
going to school, but not >because she has diabetes, lol! > >Angela, mom
to Ashley, 4 (dxd 1/01) & Kristina, 21 mo.