Re: [IPp] School Nurses

Dear Jocelyn,

I am so glad that you don't have any trouble.  If more schools were like
yours, there would be a lot less stressed out parents at this time of

(1)non diab.>From: Jocelyn Robinson >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: Parents of Pumpers >Subject:
[IPp] School Nurses >Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:06:20 -0400 > >I read all
these posts about problems with school nurses and it makes me >glad that
in my son's school district there is no school nurse! I guess >there is
one nurse for the county and she stops in and reads health >cards once
each year at the school. My son has had diabetes for all of >his 5th, 6th
and 7th grade years and we have never had any problems, or >any contact
with a nurse. In elementary school, I brought a small >refrigerator into
the classroom to make having scheduled snacks easier >(he was on shots at
the time). Through middle school I have had my son >issued a permanent
hall pass so he can leave a class at any time for a >bathroom break,
water break, or a trip to the health clinic if he wanted >to call home or
needed a juice. He carries Mentos (his candy of choice) >in his pencil
pouch as well as his blood kit. He tests wherever he >wants and since
being on the pump corrects and does boluses whenever and >wherever
needed. My son is active in sports and is typically at school >from
7:30am - 5pm with no problems. He has gone low, been high, forgot