[IPp] Questions about 504

Thanks so much for your input.  I wanted to update the group on my
progress regarding Amelia's 504.  Let me first say that I am filing
Amelia's 504 for the next school year before school get's out this school
year as she goes to a different school with a whole new staff to
train....fun, fun.  I have learned to start early from this experience.
So, I met with Amelia's teacher Monday at 4:00 p.m.  She is very
supportive.  Her daughter's friend has diabetes and the teacher actually
learned to care for this friend so she could spend time with them!  She
gave shots, helped her test, ect. which is a definate advantage for my
daughter, Amelia.  I asked her if she would be intimidated to give a shot
of glucagon, if needed and she said no.  I presented her with the 504
plan and she was thrilled to see that it was organized, detailed, and
signed by her doctor.  She agreed to have all teacher's and staff that
will be involved with A! melia during the school year read and sign off
on the plan.  The meeting went very well.  Next, I went to the Principal,
Mrs. Gagon, and visited with her about the 504....again very supportive.
I asked her about the glucagon and she said that she thought all we
needed was a presciption medication form be on file that was signed by
her doc and for me to give instruction to several people on how to use
it.  Great!  I have never used it as Amelia has never had a severe,
unconcious low, but I think it is easy enough to show them how to use it
none the less!  The nurse that covers Amelia's school also covers 5 other
schools in our area so Amelia may never see this nurse.  I am thankful
that her teacher has been so helpful!  It isn't exactly how I would like
to see things done but it will suffice!  Thanks, Cindy, for your help and
support.  I will follow your progress closely and keep my fingers

By the way, I know their is an expiration date on the glucagon but does
it really ever expire?

Cheri, Mom to Amelia, 9, D 1/00, P  12/00 and Amanda, 15 years!