Re: Glucagon WAS RE: [IPp] questions about 504

In a message dated 8/19/02 6:21:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Only RNs can give injections, including glucagon and Colorado school
> districts have roving nurses. One nurse covers up to 8 schools (depending
> on
> the district).

The district we were in took the same position on glucagon...said it violated
the Nurse Practitioners Act.....the state dept of health was a great help as
was the director of the Nursing Board...the district was
incorrect......unless there is a law in Colorado stating otherwisethen they
must cover it...besides, as I kept telling the other district I did not tell
them to *delegate* it, I told then she must be covered (as did her
endo)......I filed with the office for Civil Rights and there are legal
organizations out there that can help if this is still an issue for
you.......after meeting with the new school nurse today I am very
hopeful...she, herself mentioned that she can delegate it............btw, an
epi pen is classified as an injection too.....
now ten!