Re: [IPp] Paradigm battery change......

In a message dated 8/19/02 11:25:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Andrew's pump gave us a 'low battery' alarm yesterday. We were away from
> home so i waited till we got home a couple hours later and changed the
> battery then. it was VERY quick and simple to change ~ probably took all
> of 15 seconds ~ and basal's stayed intact.

Also, Melissa has gotten the low battery alarm at night & waited until the
next morning to actually make the change....I don't know how much time you
have once that alarm is received, but the "time concern" is for actually
removing the battery & dropping in a replacement- which is only 60 seconds
before the basal info is lost.
   Since the first time that happened was at 4:00 a.m. (Melissa was just
going to bed at college!) & she called us to see if we had her basals
recorded here (aarrrgghhh!), she now has a 3x5 card ( cut in half) listing
her basals in every meter that she uses.
Renee (pump mom to Melissa)