Re: [IPp] Assistance needed - Pump question!

In a message dated 8/19/02 10:53:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Some people (from Minimed) have told me that if the batteries go out and are
> not promptly replaced, the basal rate settings will need to be reset.
> Other
> Minimed individuals have told me this is not the case.  A web site we were
> looking at yesterday seemed to support that a basal rate "re-set" would be
> needed if batteries were not quickly replaced.

     The batteries must be replaced within 60 seconds & the pump deos count
down that time....my daughter's Paradigm DID lose everything after 6 seconds,
and then the same thing happened with the 2 succeeding battery changes. MM
replaced the pump & the new one has been perfectly fine, after at least 4
battery changes. Since others at IP were posting comparable problems, my
"hunch" is that there was a manufacturing problem with some pumps delivered
in late March/early April.
Renee (Melissa's pump mom)