Re: [IPp] Re: Insurance / was 504

Dear Marie,

Thanks.  I'll have to check into that to see if they have anything like
that in NJ.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Re: Insurance /
was 504 >Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 12:20:55 EDT > >In a message dated
8/17/2002 5:52:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, >email @ redacted writes:
> [...]
was the > > one who told me about SSI. Call Social Security and they will
do a > > phone interview with you. > >In CA we have California Children's
Services (CCS). The primary function is >to assist low income families
(under $40,000/yr.), *however*, if you happen >to make more than that,
you can still have them cover your expenses that >insurance does not
cover provided that these expenses total 20% of your >income or more. I
don't know if other states have anything similar, but >diabetes is
definitely one of the conditions covered. > >For those $40k, and under,
you just apply, and go through an interview & >income verification. For
those over $40k, you have to apply, they have to >deny you & then you
petition, with proof of bills not covered by ins. totally >at least 20%
of your income. > >Warmly, > >Marie :) >Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98