[IPp] Re: Insurance / was 504

In a message dated 8/17/2002 5:52:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My Grandmother, who was a county nurse for umpteen billion years, was the
> one who told me about SSI.   Call Social Security and they will do a
> phone interview with you.

In CA we have California Children's Services (CCS).  The primary function is
to assist low income families (under $40,000/yr.), *however*, if you happen
to make more than that, you can still have them cover your expenses that
insurance does not cover provided that these expenses total 20% of your
income or more.  I don't know if other states have anything similar, but
diabetes is definitely one of the conditions covered.

For those $40k, and under, you just apply, and go through an interview &
income verification.  For those over $40k, you have to apply, they have to
deny you & then you petition, with proof of bills not covered by ins. totally
at least 20% of your income.

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98
Dx'd 3/01