Re: [IPp] 504 plan from he double toothpicks!

Dear Barbara,

My Grandmother, who was a county nurse for umpteen billion years, was the
one who told me about SSI.   Call Social Security and they will do a
phone interview with you.  Then they will send you out a huge stack of
papers to fill out.  Then they will send you more papers, and send them
to the teacher.  Once those are sent back, they have 120 days to make a
decision.  We are still waiting.  The 120 days for us ends next week.  I
have been told by many people to not be surpeised if they turn us down at
first, you just have to re apply over and over, until you get it.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] 504 plan from
he double toothpicks! >Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 02:54:29 EDT > >Cindy, I
know where you are coming from! The financial, not the SSI (I've >never
>realized that was something we could consider.) We've been deeply in
debt >since Zach was 18 months and had uninsured surgery to correct a
life >threatening birth defect. We were too proud to accept medicaid or
>assistance, so we're still paying on those bills. And then when he was
>diagnosed at 3, we had insurance, but it didn't cover nearly
>enough............ more hospital bills we are also still >paying on!!!
GGRRR...... > >Anyway, the pager seemed like my only answer to ever
leaving to house! >It's not too bad, $13 a month. It comes out of our
grocery money. >Would >LOVE a cell phone, but thats just a dream! >
>Sincerely, > >Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12), Dx 2/93,
508 2/02. >Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6) >Fenton, MO