RE: [IPp] 504 plan from he double toothpicks!

Dear Robyn,

It would be a pleasure to visit with a fellow POPer!  I look forward to
meeting you!

(1)non diab.>From: >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To:
>Subject: RE: [IPp] 504 plan from he double toothpicks! >Date: Fri, 16
Aug 2002 14:47:41 -0700 > >Dear Cindy, >I currently live in Mississippi.
I was born and raised in South Philadelphia and go home at least once a
year to see family. I have cousins who live at Cape may so i have been
there before. I will let you know we are heading North. The kids get out
of school the middle of May so we should beheading up shortly after that.
"email @ redacted" on behalf of "Cindy Lattimer"
>Sent: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:47:08 -0400 >To:
"email @ redacted" >Subject: RE: [IPp] 504 plan
from he double toothpicks! > >Dear Robyn, > >Where do you live? We are in
Southern New Jersey, near Cape May, Rio >Grand and Sea Isle City, but in
the country. Hey, if you come to this >area, please let me know and I
will give you my address, directions and >phone number. I would love to
get together with one of my fellow >POPer's! > >We are still having a
meeting. I think the principal really was just >laying out the schools
side for my lawyer, so that she would have an idea >of what their side
was. Last year, when we did Jessy's 504 plan, it >never got right,
therefore, never signed. (By me anyway) We had >discussed a lot of things
at the meeting last year, and they never got it >right in the 504 plan. I
have learned a lot about the laws since then. >It's amazing the things
you can be forced to learn. A lot of that >knowledge has come from all of
you here at POP. I will sign nothing >until it is what I want, and my
lawyer assures me that she will get that >for me. It's is just going to
be a cat and mouse game of sorts. Thanks >so much for caring. > >Cindy,
pump mom to Jessy (8) dx 1/02, Julie (3)non diab. and Trevor >(1)non
diab.>From: >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To: >
>Subject: RE: [IPp] 504 plan from he double toothpicks! >Date: Fri, 16
>Aug 2002 03:49:53 -0700 > >You have the right to at anytime request
>another 504 meeting and have whoever you want there. The school office
>should have a copy for public use and you have the right to look at it.
>If you are not hapy with the paln then ask for another meeting. have a
>doctor stress that the education and medical part are interrelated, not
2 >seperate issues. If I lived closes I would go. Maybe in the summer
when I >head north we can arrange some kind of meeting. > >Robyn > > > >
> > >-----Original Message----- >From:
>"email @ redacted" on behalf of "Cindy Lattimer" >
>Sent: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:05:22 -0400 >To:
>"email @ redacted" >Subject: RE: [IPp] 504 plan
>from he double toothpicks! > >Dear Robyn, > >The principal is the head
of >the planning for the 504 plan. I think >honestly, that he did this to
get >my lawyers attention to show her where >the school stood. I think
also, >that he was hoping to expidite the >entire process, so that when
we had >our meeting, everyone would just sign >it. I am still trying to
make >complete sense of it myself. I don't >think I can forward it on the
pop >list, or I would have already done so, >just so all of you could
laugh, >then get enraged like me. The bottom >line is.......it states
that all of >her educating will be done in the >classroom and all of her
health issues >will be dealt with in the nurses >office, by the
nurse.....I truely think >at this point that it had to have >been a show
for the lawyer, I can >think of no other reason he could >possibly be
such an a*#. > >Cindy, >pump mom to Jessy (8) dx 1/02, Julie (3)non diab.
and Trevor >(1)non >diab.>From: >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: > > >Subject: RE: [IPp] 504
plan from he double toothpicks! >Date: Thu, 15 > >Aug 2002 14:59:38 -0700
> > Cindy, >I may be a little confused here but > >why is the principal
sending you a copy of your daughters 504 plan. He > >can't just draw one
up and say this is it. you have the right to be >there >and anyone you
feel is necessary you can have there. > > > > >-----Original
>Message----- >From: >"email @ redacted" on behalf
of >"Cindy Lattimer" > >Sent: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:51:54 -0400 >To: >
>"email @ redacted" >Subject: [IPp] 504 plan from
>he >double toothpicks! > >Dear All, > >The principal just sent me a copy
>of >their version of what the 504 plan >will be this year. I cried. I
>called >my lawyer. I e-mailed it to her. >It stinks. In their version,
>all health >related issues, including >testing her sugars will be done
in >the nurses >office. The only thing >they got right on the plan is
that >she will have >no restrictions for the >bathroom and water fountain
(and >that she can >keep a water bottle at her >desk), and this includes
all >testing >including standardized testing. >Everything else they put
in >this plan is >pure hog wash! They are >planning to call me every time
she >checks her >blood sugars just like last >year, making me a virtual