RE: [IPp] re: School Problems/let's change it

Dear Mike,

Do you have any idea how lucky you are?

(1)non diab.>From: "Mike Swaithes" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: RE: [IPp] re:
School Problems/let's change it >Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 22:04:10 -0500 >
>Uhhmmmm, over here (MAS waving his hand) > >We just had our first 504
meeting today. We got everything we requested. >Classroom testing, each
teacher is trained with the glucagon, knowledgeable >person on
fieldtrips, unlimited water/bathroom, carry ALL diabetic supplies, >delay
or retake of tests when bg is below 70 or over 200, absences/tardiness
>not held against her. We just wrote the 504 and had the endocrinologist
sign >it and took it to the meeting and they read through it and the
nurse said "I >wish I had a glucagon to show the teachers", and Pat
reached into her purse >and gave her one. In and out in 30 minutes, slam
dunk. > >Same state, same county, but different district as you. Come
back to >Garland, we have greased the tracks. > >Mike Swaithes >Husband
to Pat >Dad to Alicia (9) & Lindsey (Z) 12, dx 5/98 > >-----Original
Message----- >From: email @ redacted > >Awesome...so do you have
classroom testing and glucagon coverage all the >time >at school and on
field trips? ...these seems to be the *buttons* these >days.....I would
love to hear of it being done right somewhere in my >state.... >Beverly