[IPn] Why support IP? - here¹s my top ten reasons

Dear Members,

for me. Here goes - my top ten reasons ($1 per reason!) for donating $10 to
Insulin Pumpers:

Ten - $10 a year is a lot less than the cost of seeing my doctor several
times a year - when I do see him, IP discussions prepare me to ask him about
all of my concerns.

Nine - The money I donate really goes to the site, not to corporate travel
or PR campaigns.

Eight - IP doesn't mail me anything. $10 a year is less than the minimum
asked for by those organizations who are constantly filling up my mail box
with literature. Can9t they just take a donation and go away???

Seven - My donation goes to a site that caters to my desire to stay healthy,
not to a nonprofit that appeals to my sense of pity.

Six - $10 a year is less than the cost of one prescription co-payment ($15).
Pretty cheap therapy!

Five - When I suggest changes or have a problem with IP administration, I
get a response. When I donate I get a response. How many organizations
respond personally?

Four - Statistics I9ve posted on IP go into a resource that all members can
access. This is real information provided by real people, not statistics
quoted "at me" by some spokesperson.

Three - The CEO of Planned Parenthood, MADD, or the ADA is never going to
chat with us and give freely back from his/her personal experiences, like
Michael does.

Two - Through IP I have made friends. Has donating to the United Way (though
certainly a worthy cause) given me more friends? No!

**And, my Number One reason for contributing to Insulin Pumpers!**
Every person on the list knows far more about pumping and diabetes than my
mother, brother, and best friend combined! (Sorry, Mom.)

So - I hope we can keep Insulin Pumpers healthy so it can continue keeping
us healthy!

Tina B. Farrell
Writing, Editing, Design
email @ redacted
Editors notes:
Several nice challenges have come in over the last couple of days.
Insulin Pumpers needs your help to matchs these challenges. They
provides you with an opportunity once again to double the value of
your pledge. The first in this series is from a forum member in
New  Jersey challenging you to match a most generous $100 gift to
Insulin Pumpers.

To make an on-line, matching or sustaining contribution using our
secure server, please visit:

If you prefer to send your contribution by mail, please address it
Insulin Pumpers
4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206
Los Altos, CA 94022

In the UK,  <=====
for tax deductible donation, you can use your charity

Charity card holders should go to

Others should go first to
or call 0800 99 33 11
for details of how to set up a charity card, or contribute via CAF.

For mail list removal write
website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org