Re: HELP!!!!! was Re: [IPp] re: Noah's 504 plan

> An Iep holds alot more teeth than a 504. The school recerives no
> federal Money for a 504. A school that does not comply withan IEP
> can lose money, accreditation, and face penalties. Ane IEP is much
> more powerful than I 504. I teach children with IEP's and I have to
> follow everything that is written down to the letter. Robyn -----

hhmmm..... your wrong about that. The school does not receive any
"extra" money for 504 kids, but if they do not comply with 504
requirements they can lose ALL federal funding (which is a bunch)
through and administrative procedure. You don't even have to take
them to court as you do with IEP and ADA problems, just file a
complaint with the feds and have the finding go your way. That's not
a slam dunk, but it is a very big club in the hands of knowledgable
person and we aim to make everyone on this list knowledgable :-)

Michael