[IPp] re: School Problems/let's change it

<<<From: "Cindy Lattimer" <email @ redacted>
Any experiences you have had with the school sytem, good or bad would be
helpful.  Good can show these people that it can work, bad can show them
that there needs to be change.  Thank you.>>>>>>>

Cindy, I'm so glad you added the part about including the good experiences.
As we as parents probably all know, positive reinforcement is much more
powerful in the long-term than negative reinforcement.  Our school district,
and in particular our elementary school, has done nothing "wrong" in treating
our son - they've been wonderful to work with, we trust them, and we
have a great relationship working with them on diabetes care as well as in
other areas of our kids' education (active in PTA, etc.).  The last thing
we want is for the people who care for our son during the school day is
to be afraid of us - we want them to fear diabetes with us, and to do what
we ask.  So far, we've been well rewarded.  I know you situation is different,
and I hope that improves soon.  But I think these positive examples would
go a long way to telling schools how to behave, instead of just what not to

Thanks for working so hard for all of us.
Shelly V, Austin, TX, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01

Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs