Re: [IPp] 504 plan from he double toothpicks!

Dear Barbara,

That is a wonderful idea.  The only thing is, right now, we just can't
afford a pager.  We can't afford much at this point.  I applied for SSI
for Jess, because that would help out a lot with her expenses, and if it
comes in then we could fit a pager into the budget, but as with
everything else, we are waiting to hear if she will get it or not.  From
what I understand, we will probobly be turned down, and have to re-apply,
then wait another 120 days.  I know of people who have gotten it for
their children with speech impediments, why they would turn a diabetic
child down is beyond me, but I am trying not to count on it.

Thanks for the advice.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] 504 plan from
he double toothpicks! >Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:02:04 EDT > > > They are
> > planning to call me every time she checks her blood sugars just like
last > > year, making me a virtual prisoner in my home again, even though
I told > > them that wasn't necessary. > >Cindy, >How we dealt with the
issue of notification from the school of blood sugar >levels was for me
to wear a pager. When they would take his blood sugars >they would page
me with the actual number (i.e. my pager would beep >and the number 85
would appear telling me his BG was 85). If there was >something they
wanted to talk to me about then they would instead page >me with the
phone number. This has worked fine from Kind-6th grade. >And that way I
wasn't a prisoner in the house, plus I was still updated with >all his
numbers as they day progressed. > >If our new idea works (we meet Frid.
AM 8/16), then he will be self-testing >in the classrooms and then paging
me himself with his # from the phones in >the classrooms. > >Sincerely, >