Re: [IPp] 504 plan from he double toothpicks!

> They are
> planning to call me every time she checks her blood sugars just like last
> year, making me a virtual prisoner in my home again, even though I told
> them that wasn't necessary.

How we dealt with the issue of notification from the school of blood sugar
levels was for me to wear a pager.    When they would take his blood sugars
they would page me with the actual number  (i.e.   my pager would beep
and the number 85 would appear telling me his BG was 85).    If there was
something they wanted to talk to me about then they would instead page
me with  the phone number.    This has worked fine from Kind-6th grade.
And that way I wasn't a prisoner in the house, plus I was still updated with
all his numbers as they day progressed.

If our new idea works (we meet Frid. AM 8/16),  then he will be self-testing
in the classrooms and then paging me himself with his # from the phones in
the classrooms.

Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
Fenton, MO