Re: [IPp] remote contol audio bolus.....

Dear Lisa,

I was cracking up when you said that your son likes to run away from you
with you chasing after.  The first thing that popped into my head
was...."Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the Andrew

(1)non diab.>From: "Lisa Harris" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] remote contol
audio bolus..... >Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:17:42 -0400 > >Lisa,I love
your analogy on the batteries and yearly cost. We use the >Paradigm >also
and I don't mind changing the batteries every 3wks either. I have >yet to
>use the remote control though, I have been told that it will drain the
>battery >sooner. Is the remote easy to use, since your not looking at
the pump to >make >sure you are doing the correct bolus amount??Sarah :)
> >Sarah, > >This battery has lasted for 3 weeks (so far), and I've been
using the >remote for 2 of those weeks. I didn't use the remote during
the first >week while I was getting acclimated to the basic features of
the new >pump. The remote deliver's a tone each time you press the
button. We have >it set to add on 0.2u for each press of the button. by
counting the tones >you can tell how much insulin you are
giving.......then you press 'act' >and it repeats the tones back to you
so you can count them again and >confirm it is correct....if it's correct
you press 'act' again and it >delivers the bolus. Hope that makes sense.
See chapter 8 (pg 105) of your >user guide. > >PS: The only problem I
have had with this is that the remote needs to be >held within 24 inches
of the pump in order for it to work, and sometimes >Andrew likes to run
away, giggling wildly, with me chasing behind trying >to give the bolus!
Rascal! LOL > >Lisa Harris, Michigan, mom of Andrew, 3yrs old, pumping
1yr >