[IPp] remote contol audio bolus.....

Lisa,I love your analogy on the batteries and yearly cost.  We use the
also and I don't mind changing the batteries every 3wks either.  I have
yet to
use the remote control though, I have been told that it will drain the
sooner.  Is the remote easy to use, since your not looking at the pump to
sure you are doing the correct bolus amount??Sarah :)

This battery has lasted for 3 weeks (so far), and I've been using the
remote for 2 of those weeks. I didn't use the remote during the first
week while I was getting acclimated to the basic features of the new
pump. The remote deliver's a tone each time you press the button. We have
it set to add on 0.2u for each press of the button. by counting the tones
you can tell how much insulin you are giving.......then you press 'act'
and it repeats the tones back to you so you can count them again and
confirm it is correct....if it's correct you press 'act' again and it
delivers the bolus. Hope that makes sense. See chapter 8 (pg 105) of your
user guide.

PS: The only problem I have had with this is that the remote needs to be
held within 24 inches of the pump in order for it to work, and sometimes
Andrew likes to run away, giggling wildly,  with me chasing behind trying
to give the bolus!  Rascal! LOL

Lisa Harris, Michigan, mom of Andrew, 3yrs old, pumping 1yr