Re: [IPp] advice on children doing their own sites

Dear Cheri,

We use the 9mm quickset.  My daughter has some chub, so they work for
us.  We have the inserter, and have never tried it without.  We keep the
inserter with her at all times, and even got an extra one to keep at the
school.  The idea of not using an inseter really bothers her, so I don't
push the issue.

(1)non diab.>From: "Cheri McCurdy" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] advice on children
doing their own sites >Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:35:49 +0000 > >Amelia,
first inserted her own site at D Camp this summer. Upon her >return, she
inserted 2 or 3 sites on her own and was so proud of >herself! Then, the
new wore off. My question this group is, is it >easier for them to insert
sites with an insertor? I just ordered a 3 >month supply of the Ultraflex
sites but can always exchange them. I am >looking for a site similiar to
the ultraflex, definately needs to >disconnect? Advice, please! Amelia
just turned 9. I am hoping that, when >necessary and when Mom isn't
around, she will change them at school. I >am not trying to rush her but
give her some independence and freedom from >mom and dad. Also, don't
have a lot of support from outside family as to >figuring out this whole
Diabetes thing. My older daughter, husband and >one wonderful/helpful
neighbor is it. Emla or other numbing creams is >not an option...have
tried them and Amelia hates it. Thanks in advan! >ce! Love the support
and advice received in this group! > >Cheri, Mom to Amelia, Dgnsd 1-13-0,
Pumping 1-11-00 > >[IMAGE]Cheri[IMAGE] >