Re: [IPp] Non diabetic siblings

Dear Carol,

Thanks so much.  I'm trying to keep my chin up, but it is so hard
sometimes.  I feel like I have a million things coming at me at once, and
I just want to curl up and hids.  I feel like it is my fault because I
have been focusing so much on Jessy with her diabetes and the school
issue.  I have given her a ton of attention, but maybe it just isn't
enough.  Thanks for the encouragement, it goes a long way.

(1)non diab.>From: "Carol Mulligan" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: Re: [IPp] Non
diabetic siblings >Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:28:49 -0700 > > > Dear
Carol, > > > > I finally talked to her doc. He wants me to take her up to
CHOP (Jessy's > > hospital) for counceling of siblings with diabetes. He
says it is > > possible that she is ADHD, but she is kind of too young to
really test > > her for that. However, he says this behavior is not
normal. DUH! I > > never would have called him if I thought it WAS
normal. Anyway, he is > > sending us to CHOP because my insurance won't
pay for it otherwise. (or > > only a percentage anyway), and there are no
good children's pshycologists > > in our area. Philly is about an hour
away (give or take depending on > > traffic) I am just exasperated right
now.......dealing with Jessy's > > diabetes, fighting with the school,
and now this. Why can't anything > > ever just go smoothly? I will just
say some prayers for strength and > > guidance and try to just take one
day at a time. Thanks for your advice, > > it is sooooo appreciated. > >
Trevor > > (1)non diab.> > >Cindy, > >I know just how you feel. It's
always something! My daughter has Celiac - >not a big deal for her, my
other son has a lazy eye, but Devin (I jokingly >call my "problem child")
has it all - Celiac, dislocated elbow, learning >disabilities, and
diabetes! It always seems like another headache is around >the corner.
Keep your chin up girl - you'll get through it! > >Carol