Re: [IPp] Non diabetic siblings

> Dear Carol,
> I finally talked to her doc.  He wants me to take her up to CHOP (Jessy's
> hospital) for counceling of siblings with diabetes.  He says it is
> possible that she is ADHD, but she is kind of too young to really test
> her for that.  However, he says this behavior is not normal.  DUH!  I
> never would have called him if I thought it WAS normal.  Anyway, he is
> sending us to CHOP because my insurance won't pay for it otherwise.  (or
> only a percentage anyway), and there are no good children's pshycologists
> in our area.  Philly is about an hour away (give or take depending on
> traffic)  I am just exasperated right now.......dealing with Jessy's
> diabetes, fighting with the school, and now this.  Why can't anything
> ever just go smoothly?  I will just say some prayers for strength and
> guidance and try to just take one day at a time.  Thanks for your advice,
> it is sooooo appreciated.
> Cindy, pump mom to Jessy (8) dx 1/02, Julie (3)non diab. and Trevor
> (1)non diab.>

I know just how you feel.  It's always something!  My daughter has Celiac -
not a big deal for her, my other son has a lazy eye, but Devin (I jokingly
call my "problem child") has it all - Celiac, dislocated elbow, learning
disabilities, and diabetes!  It always seems like another headache is around
the corner.  Keep your chin up girl - you'll get through it!