Re: [IPp] Non diabetic siblings

> Dear Carol,
> ALWAYS on the go. ALWAYS making a mess (I can't keep up with her, I just
> break down and cry sometimes because of the messes, today it was purple
> fingernail polish on our stairway banister) Doesn't want to go to sleep,
> doesn't want to go to sleep, then she just lays down and is out cold, but
> still does not sleep through the night.  She screams and cries the entire
> time she is in time out.  When I tell her to clean up her messes, she
> says, "no, you".  She is highly intelligent though.  Are you thinking
> ADHD?  I've mentioned it to the doc, we even had her adnoids x rayed.
> Please tell me what you think.
> Cindy, pump mom to Jessy (8) dx 1/02, Julie (3)non diab. and Trevor
> (1)non diab.>From: "Carol Mulligan" >Reply-To:

YES, YES, YES, that's exactly what I'm thinking.  My son Devin was diagnosed
with ADHD when he was 5, but I remember those early clues.  He was exactly
the way you describe your daughter.  I would have to hold him and lay with
him in bed for him to take a nap.  He would go, go, go until finally out
cold, but then get up in the middle of the night and either get into food or
a mess, or both.  People think that if a child is ADHD then it affects
intelligence, but these kids can either be very intellegent or have learning
disabilities or anywhere in between.  Dangerous, risk-taking behavior is,
also, a symptom.  Devin has had several "accidents", plus he picks on his
siblings when bored.

I would find a psychiatrist or psychologist in your area who deals with
diagnosing ADHD and have her evaluated before it drives you crazy.  Ask
around and see who others in your area go to.  Good Luck.