Re: [IPp] Non diabetic siblings

Dear Sarah,

Thanks.  She has always been active (she started walking at 8 months)
but lately, I am beginning to think there is something going on.  I
thought maybe it had to do with Jessy and her diabetes.  I am still
waiting to talk to the doc, but like I said, when I asked him before he
thought she was just a normal 3 year old.  Jessy must have been a really
mello toddler, because she was never like this.  My 1 year old is
following in Julie's footsteps.  I'm going to be one worn out mom by the
time he starts kindergarten.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Non diabetic
siblings >Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:55:07 EDT > >Cindy, > >I wouldn't be
too quick to think ADHD...I think too many kids are falsely >diagnosed
with that. When Matthew was that age he also was a terror. Run me >ragged
all day long. Ever since he started walking he would get into anything
>and everything that he wasn't supposed to touch. When he was four he
started >speech therapy and would not sit still for the 1/2 hr lesson,
his teacher >said she thought ADHD..I was so mad! To make a long story
short, he grew out >of it. He still has a lot of energy but has calmed
down a lot. He still >can't sit for too long of a period at school, or
loses focus if he is made to >sit and do work for too long...but even
that has improved since last year. >He definitely does not have ADHD and
his endo agrees that he is just a very >active child. Even today I caught
him with a hammer pounding on a Mardi Gras >beaded necklace. I was going
to KILL him..he should know better, but then >again he is just a kid. I
know it is hard to have an overly active child, >but I bet she grows out
of it in a year or so. >Sarah :)