Re: [IPp] Non diabetic siblings

Dear Carol,

ALWAYS on the go. ALWAYS making a mess (I can't keep up with her, I just
break down and cry sometimes because of the messes, today it was purple
fingernail polish on our stairway banister) Doesn't want to go to sleep,
doesn't want to go to sleep, then she just lays down and is out cold, but
still does not sleep through the night.  She screams and cries the entire
time she is in time out.  When I tell her to clean up her messes, she
says, "no, you".  She is highly intelligent though.  Are you thinking
ADHD?  I've mentioned it to the doc, we even had her adnoids x rayed.
Please tell me what you think.

(1)non diab.>From: "Carol Mulligan" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: Re: [IPp] Non
diabetic siblings >Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:14:58 -0700 > > > Dear All,
problems > > with your non diabetic children? My 3 year old (she will be
4 next > > month), has started some very strange behavior. She will touch
things > > that she knows she shouldn't (which I keep up and away, by the
way, she > > will just climb to get them) for example, fingernail polish
remover and > > comet are her main targets....she will touch them and
then ask me if she > > is going to die, I will say no, but you need to
wash your hands, then > > sshe will ask if she needs to go to the
doctors, again I will say no, > > then she will ask if she is going to
get sick. Occasionally she will ask > > if she will get diabetes like
Jessy. This is all coming from a child > > that took a sip of windex a
few months back and had to drink the charcoal > > drink at the hospital
and had to stay over night there. She has also > > started to get knives
out and threaten to stab Jessy, she did poke her > > with a pair of
scissors the oth! er night, again, all things I keep up > > and away, but
being the little monkey that she is, she can get to them > > quickly and
quietly before I even realize she is in the kitchen. Do you > > think
this is some kind of rivalry for attention, or is this something a > >
child this age just goes through? I want to add that she is usually an >
> incredibly sweet, caring little girl, who gets a ton of
attention....she > > is the middle child, and even before Jessy was
diagnosed, we were always > > careful to make sure that she had extra
special attention lots of hugs, > > kisses and I love you's. She is
certainly not lacking in the attention > > category. Let me know what you
think. I did call the doc, but he hasn't > > returned my phone call yet,
and I want other parent's oppinions too. > > Thank you once again. > > >
> Cindy, pump mom to Jessy (8) dx 1/02, Julie (3)non diab. and Trevor > >
(1)non diab. > > > Cindy, > >Is Julie able to sit still and play with one
toy or does she make a constant >mess going from one toy to another? Is
she always "on the go"? Does she go >to bed easily or hard to put down? >