[IPp] Non diabetic siblings

Dear All,

I have yet another question for all of you.  Do you have any problems
with your non diabetic children?  My 3 year old (she will be 4 next
month), has started some very strange behavior.  She will touch things
that she knows she shouldn't (which I keep up and away, by the way, she
will just climb to get them) for example, fingernail polish remover and
comet are her main targets....she will touch them and then ask me if she
is going to die, I will say no, but you need to wash your hands, then
sshe will ask if she needs to go to the doctors, again I will say no,
then she will ask if she is going to get sick.  Occasionally she will ask
if she will get diabetes like Jessy.  This is all coming from a child
that took a sip of windex a few months back and had to drink the charcoal
drink at the hospital and had to stay over night there.  She has also
started to get knives out and threaten to stab Jessy, she did poke her
with a pair of scissors the oth! er night, again, all things I keep up
and away, but being the little monkey that she is, she can get to them
quickly and quietly before I even realize she is in the kitchen.  Do you
think this is some kind of rivalry for attention, or is this something a
child this age just goes through?  I want to add that she is usually an
incredibly sweet, caring little girl, who gets a ton of attention....she
is the middle child, and even before Jessy was diagnosed, we were always
careful to make sure that she had extra special attention lots of hugs,
kisses and I love you's.  She is certainly not lacking in the attention
category.  Let me know what you think.  I did call the doc, but he hasn't
returned my phone call yet, and I want other parent's oppinions too.
Thank you once again.

(1)non diab.