Re: [IPp] re: Fighting site change?

Dear Shelly,

Yet another great idea!

(1)non diab.>From: Shelly Van Dyke >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted, POP
List >Subject: [IPp] re: Fighting site change? >Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002
07:56:37 -0700 (PDT) > ><< ><><><><><>>>>>>>>> > >Shari, I'm sorry about
the fights - those just wring you & him out emotionally. > Our son Luke
fought injections for about a week when first diagnosed, and has >fought
site changes each time we've changed the type of infusion set - most
>recently it was Silhouettes, and he fought them for over 2 weeks. Some
site >changes were taking nearly an hour to do as we talked him through
his fears. > >So we came up with that if he would help and just get it
over with, that we >would give him 15 minutes each time it went quickly
to save up and do something >fun with us. Last week Luke & I had lunch
together, and this week we're going >to see a movie (he saved up 3
hours). This has been a very positive reward for >him, and it lets us all
spend time on things we like instead of what we don't >like. Plus it's
not outright bribery, although I considered that (LOL!). > >Hope that
gives you some ideas! Best of luck, >Shelly V, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd
10/99, pumping 3/01 > > > > >