Re: [IPp] Fighting site change?

Dear Maryann,

What a wonderful idea.  It's amazing how creative you all are!

(1)non diab.>From: maryann crawford >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Fighting site
change? >Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:12:50 -0400 > >My daughter who is now
9 and pumping for almost a year went through this and >still occasionally
does. We first set up a reward system.When we do a sight >change, I set
up everything and hold the sil-serter, she pushes the button. >We would
set the timer for 60 seconds and if she did the insertion in the 60
>seconds, she got to pick a "dollar" amount from a basket. The dollars
were >for her favorite things like American Girl stuff or the mall. We
kept close >track of her "dollars" and when she got to a certain amount
she would spend >them. This worked for awhile, now we do something
different. Using the >same 60second guide, I try to guess when she will
push the button for the >insertion. I count by mouthing the numbers so
she knows when to push. If I >get the number wrong,Which I usually do,
she gets a prize,like a pack of >gum, ice cream cone, colorful marker
etc. I find by focusing on the "prize" >or "contest" Kaycee isn't as
upset, it also puts a time limit on the crying. >If there are other
people around,we let them take guesses too. I hope this >helps! Maryann
Crawford >----- Original Message ----- >From: "SHARI CLAGUE" >To: >Sent:
Monday, August 12, 2002 9:23 PM >Subject: [IPp] Fighting site change? > >
> > Hi All, > > I am new here and you have all been very helpful. Now I
need special help. > > My son is 5 and has been pumping for almost 2
weeks now. When will he stop > > fighting site changes? He screams and
cries until we do it, then he is >fine > > right away? He knows it does
not hurt much, he is just still scared. Any > > advice would be helpful.