[IPp] Emla cream confession

BlankHi everyone,
  First I'd like to thank everyone for the suggestions on how to apply emla cream.
  My son's the one that's diabetic, but I'M the one who asked my neurologist for the prescription.
  When Johnny started on the pump, his endo didn't want to give me a prescription for emla cream.  He wanted Johnny to get used to putting in his sets without it because he said, "if there were a time when we had to do a set change quick, he wouldn't want to do it without waiting for the emla cream to take effect first". I kind of saw his point.
   Johnny does fine with injecting his set, and yes he does it himself (he would NEVER let me do it for him).  He wanted to be in control of that.  Which I'm very glad he did.
   The reason I asked my doctor for the prescription for Emla cream is that I've just recently been diagnosed with MS.  Long story.  After having the "new improved MRI's", she says that she can say with a 97% certainty, that I have MS.  She wants me to start Copaxone shots next Tuesday.  I will be taking one shot a day for the rest of my life.
   I understand that the shots will sting for a while during injection and a little while after.  Site soreness and slight swelling are to be expected.  Unlike insulin, Copaxone is said to be a skin irritant, but I realize that with all medicines, they effect everyone differently.  I may not have any problems. I won't use the Emla cream for the first shot.  I want to see what they will be like first.  If I feel I need it, then I'll use it.
   I asked Johnny if he wanted to try it for his set changes and he said "not really, they don't hurt that much and I don't want to have to wait to do a change.  I just want to change it when I'm ready".
   I think I'll apply it to his arm when his 3 month check up comes up.  That's when they take blood for his A1c. THAT'S when he says it hurts!  He's all for trying it then.
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 10

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of Blank Bkgrd.gif]