Re: [IPp] Our amazing children

In a message dated 8/10/2002 1:25:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> ?  I think our kids are so incredible!  I had to test my
> sugars and give myself insulin through injections when I was pregnant
> (gestational diabetic) and I wasn't half the trooper my daughter is.

We only used the ela-max once with Nikko....this last site change he was
watching a favorite video & barely even moved (and said it didn't hurt).  I,
on the other hand, had a *major* owie (so *I* thought) when I did a BG in my
pinky....I don't even want to talk about when I inserted the pump on me for
practice.  That's why this past week, my hubby and I instituted a new family
tradition:  "Bravery Day".  It's where we celebrate Nikko for being brave and
dealing with all of this.  He really got a kick out of it.  He told the
cashier at Target, "I'm a brave boy, and Poppy is going to buy me a special
treat, because I don't get shots anymore in my insulin pump."

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98
Dx'd 3/01
Pumping MM508 since 7/02