Re: [IPp] Kids doing site changes

In a message dated 8/10/2002 12:46:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am just curious how you all knew
> when >it was time to have your kids do it on their own. >Sarah :)
> >---------------------------------------------------------- >for HELP or

Every kid/parent team is different, of course, but I have found that, when my
son is ready, he makes the decision OR takes over the responsibility. He was
leery about the pump when he first learned about but then made up his mind
that it was the right decision for him. He used EMLA at first and he decided
when he didn't need it anymore. Just about two months ago, he decided on his
own that it was time for him to remove his own sites. He's not ready to
insert them yet, but I know he'll tell me when he is.

Just our experience. Hope it helps.

Janice, proud mom of Paul, DX at 20 months, now 8 and pumping since July 2000
at 6