Re: [IPp] Kids doing site changes

Dear Sarah,

Jessy is 8, and very mature when it comes to the diabetes, she actually
listens to me talk to other people, but when I talk to her she looks at
me like she doesn't want to hear it.....therefor I talk about it to other
people, and what she has to do to everyone else, but her, only while I
know she is listening.  Again, whatever works.  I know she listens
because I hear her tell her friends everything I have said, word for
word.  Jessy has become very immature in other ways though.  I don't know
if anyone else out there has a problem with this or not, but she pouts
about EVERYTHING and whines a lot.  Whenever I need her to clean up her
meeses or help out around the house or help with her siblings, she is
"too tired".  It drives me nuts, because now her sister, who will be 4
really soon, is doing the same thing and she is not a diabetic.  How do
you handle it when they start doing the pity me routine?

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Kids doing
site changes >Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 09:21:43 EDT > >Cindy, >Matthew was
two when diagnosed, and the exact same thing. I had to have help >holding
him down. It was awful. Then one day, he was good and from there on >out.
He is immature for his age but has come a long way since last year. I >am
hoping by the time is 10 that he will be completely responsible to do it