Re: [IPp] How do you aply Emla cream?

In a message dated 8/9/2002 8:31:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  My question is to those who have used it.  Can you tell me the proceedure
> that you use?  Do you use a small or larger amount?  How large of an area
> do
> you cover?  Do you cover the area that you applied the cream on with a
> bandaid?

We put a dime sized blob on and then cover it with tegaderm or IV3000.  The
dime sized amount squishes down to about quarter sized.  We leave it on
anywhere from 15-45 minutes (depending on how long it takes me to get the
rest of his sight change stuff done) then we pull off the tegaderm and wipe
off the cream and go about our normal new sight stuff.  I think that Jacob
just likes the cream for peace of mind.  I don't think that after 15 minutes
it works all that well but you know how some kids are.