[IPp] Re: Gym Class at school

I have told Megan to test before and after exercise, so that is what she is doing with gym class.  We have found with her if she is under 140 she has to have a snack or she will go low if she exercises for 30 or more. Last year, (pre pump)she would go low every afternoon when she had had gym. I am hoping that now that she can test in the classroom she will test before gym like she should have been doing last year.

Hers is after lunch also, but because she has just bolused for the food and everything, I still want her to test before.  We are using raisens for snack so she can eat a tablespoonful and noone even has to know she is snacking(not really noisy either--and we get some iron in her!)

Today, was her first day, I took her and all her supplies, along with letter from doctor and her Care Plan. (We used the 504plan but didn't call it such--because I had read that the school won't get funding for a child with a 504) Anyway, it felt good to tell the secretary that her and Megan's relationship would be different this year since Megan is testing in the classroom!  No problems with the school at all!!!  They are great here!  It is a Shame that other school couldn't be as helpful as this one!

Do You Yahoo!?