Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #154

Dear Suzanne,

I am so sorry that your pump supplies and pump are not covered by
insurance.  I don't know a thing about New Zealand, but that is as a real
shame, we would not be able to afford it at all if it weren't for our
insurance (we have 2 other children, and my husband is the only one who
brings home the bacon, I have dedicated my life to the children, when my
youngest goes to school, then I will work in the school, so I can always
be there for them)  I am sure that there has to be someone who you can
write to, to change that.

>From: "Suzanne Clarke" >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To: >Subject: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #154 >Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002
17:15:24 +1200 > >Hi Cindy, > >Thanks for your input re emla cream. We
haven't had to use it yet, Michael >usually copes pretty well with the
actual insertion of the new site. He told >me recently that for the most
part it doesn't hurt. It just seems to be the >first decent sized bolus
with the new site. I have just done a new site and >will try bolusing the
full amount for dinner -in about half an hour - if I >can tear myself
away from here:o) Hopefully it will not be painful for him. >It just
about makes me cry sometimes when he cries. Pumps and pump supplies >are
not covered by insurance here in New Zealand so we foot the bill for
>everything. It has put a strain on things financially but we knew that
it >would be expensive before we started. The little things like tapes
for under >the site, creams for after the change and stuff like that seem
to really add >up. But having said that - we love pumping and wouldn't
want to go back to >shots!! > >Suzanne, Canterbury New Zealand, mum of
Michael 7, D dxd 08/99, coeliacs dxd >04/00,pumping 04/02, Daniel 9, wife