[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #154

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your input re emla cream. We haven't had to use it yet, Michael
usually copes pretty well with the actual insertion of the new site. He told
me recently that for the most part it doesn't hurt. It just seems to be the
first decent sized bolus with the new site. I have just done a new site and
will try bolusing the full amount for dinner -in about half an hour - if I
can tear myself away from here:o) Hopefully it will not be painful for him.
It just about makes me cry sometimes when he cries. Pumps and pump supplies
are not covered by insurance here in New Zealand so we foot the bill for
everything. It has put a strain on things financially but we knew that it
would be expensive before we started. The little things like tapes for under
the site, creams for after the change and stuff like that seem to really add
up. But having said that - we love pumping and wouldn't want to go back to

Suzanne, Canterbury New Zealand, mum of Michael 7, D dxd 08/99, coeliacs dxd
04/00,pumping 04/02, Daniel 9, wife of Paul.