Re: [IPp] Re: Suggestions for 504?

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your suggestion.  I am still so new to this, and I'm just
not sure about anything anymore when this school is involved.  I was
spoiled by Jessy's teacher last year, and have yet to meet her new
teacher.  I am certain, he will also be wonderful

For anyone out there having any trouble or questions about school
guidelines, someone from Type1Info sent me a some great information
today.  Look up:

Guidelines for the Care of Students with Diabetes in the School Setting

I found it very interesting.  You have all been so wonderful to me,
listening to me complain and vent, and you have all given me wonderful
advice and support.  I thank you, and Michael, where do you store all of
your knowledge?  You are just a wealth of information.

Cindy

>From: "Michael" >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Re:
Suggestions for 504? >Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:54:18 -0800 > > > Dear
Cindy, > > > > How you had it worded sounded really good. I put in
Jessy's 504 > > "wish list" that she be exused from testing until her
blood glucose > > levels are in range, and I gave them a range that suits
Jessy's > > learning ability, what we have noticed is best for her
optimal > > learning potential, I am sure that every child is different.
>allows them to stop and check and correct bg's if necessary. Where it
>is a real advantage is tests like the SAT's and other standardized
>testing --- the extra time can make a big difference in the overall
>score. > >Michael > > Cindy > > > > >From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
> > email @ redacted >To: > >
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Re: > >
Suggestions for 504? >Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:54:38 EDT > >A while > >
back someone had suggestions for handling tests (not glucose > > testing)
>after highs or lows. It was something like "child will not > > be given
a test >for a grade any sooner than 30 minutes after a > > hypogyclemic
or hypergyclemic > > >episode". Does anyone have any wording suggestions?