Re: [IPp] Swimming question

> Hi Kelley,
> Our CDE recommended that we NOT suspend the pump when we
> disconnect...We just put it in a clean, safe place, and let it
> continue delivering. This alleviates the "clogging" problem. We've
> had great success with after swimming (or playing) boluses. YMMV, of
> course! :o)

pumps don't clog and insulin does not crystalize because delivery is
suspended for a few hours. Modern buffers in the insulin and the use
of polyfin tubing eliminated those problems years ago. Not suspending
is really a matter of convenience more than anything else. I will
keep the infusion connection free of an accidental "dust" landing,
but that's about as much as it does.