Re: [IPp] priming

Dear Susan,

We use the 9mm quickset.  We really haven't seen any problems with highs
after site changes, so I had just assumed that all was going well.  I
will call my endo today and ask her about it.  You learn something new
every day.

Cindy

>From: Susan Borkowsky >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] priming
>Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 07:56:35 -0500 > >I wouldn't think so. All
canula's would need to be primed I would think, to >take up the air space
in the empty tubing. > >What kind of set are you using? > >Susan > >Cindy
Lattimer wrote: > > > You know, I was never even told to do any of this.
I was told to prime > > the needle until we see the drop of insulin,
insert, then go on our merry > > little way. Is the paradigm different? >
> > > Cindy > > > > >From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted > > >To: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IPp] priming >Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 > > 22:53:27 EDT > >no
this is after insertion and you remove the needle > > part, you have to
fill >the canula that the needle was in, it has no > > insulin in it as
the needle was >primed, but now isn't there. >some > > canulas are longer
than others depending on the set. comforts need > > >around .7 to fill
the canula only and not give insulin to the child. > > >some children
would drop bad if given the 1.0 that some were told to > > use. >kathy