Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #153

Dear Suzanne,

We use emla cream an hour before our site change (however, Jess has felt
numb in 20-30 minutes)  We figured, the insurance cover it because it is
perscription, it makes site changes hassel free, and why should Jessy
have to feel any disconfort at all, she isn't being punished for having
diabetes.  We have inserted without the cream, and it does hurt her.
(she uses the 9mm quickset.....she has a little chub, put on 26 pounds
since diagnosis)  We have never had a problem with her hitting a nerve, I
am assuming that is because she has a little chub, but the insertion does
hurt her.  I do recomend asking your doc to presribe the emla cream
because, it does help (even if just pshycologicly) with the site change.
I'd pay $100.00 for that stuff if I had to for my baby girl.  We have
also put it on her arm when we knew she was going to have blood work
done.  I really don't want Jess to have to feel any pain that she doesn't
truely have to! .  I think this disease is unfair enough.

>From: "Suzanne Clarke" >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To: >Subject: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #153 >Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002
13:37:40 +1200 > >Hi all, > >Hi Sarah - when I mentioned the bolus after
a site change I was talking >about the next due bolus ie meal time :o)
>We haven't been pumping as long as you Shelly so hopefully this problem
will >cease soon. I hadn't thought that sometimes the site may be close
to a nerve >ending - that would explain why sometimes it hurts and other
sites don't >seem to. I had thought about leaving the old site in for
awhile and will do >so if it is a continual problem. I have said to
Michael that I would put a >new site in when he complained about the
first bolus pain but he liked that >idea even less!! We also us novorapid
(NZ name) Beverly and find it really >good. Next change is tomorrow so
hopefully it will go well. >Thanks for all your input. > >Suzanne,
Canterbury New Zealand, mum of Michael 7, D dxd 08/99, coeliacs dxd