Re: [IPp] High after site change

> Hi everyone,
> I did Michaels site change just before tea last night. He has complained
> that the first bolus after a site change is quite painful so for the tea
> bolus I broke it up into 5 smaller boluses in the hope that it wouldn't
> so much. It seemed to help but then at supper time he was 29 (525)!! I
> a correction and his numbers came down nicely. I am now trying to figure
> what happened. I am wondering if perhaps the wee metal needle (we use
> Disetronic rapids) got clogged with abit of body tissue of some sort when
> was inserted, then giving smaller boluses before tea(.5 units at a time)
> didn't clear the blockage and because of that he got no insulin. When I
> him the correction bolus it worked fine. Any thoughts or similar
> and conclusions would be appreciated.
> Suzanne, Canterbury New Zealand, mum of Michael 7, D dxd 08/99, coeliacs
> 04/00,pumping 04/02, Daniel 9, wife of Paul.

My son complained about the first bolus of a new site change as well.  The
first couple of months he complained so I bolused half and then immediately
half again.  Mysteriously, he stopped complaining and now we bolus the full
amount after a site change.  Maybe it just takes awhile for their bodies to
become used to it.