Re: [IPp] sites still falling off

Sharon,
we are having the same problem with the quicksets
falling off after 1 1/2 days. Is the mastisol like
"skin tac?" Skin Tac is a liquid that you paint on
too, and it becomes sticky after it dries. Where do
you get the mastisol?
Anyway, if anyone has any tips for keeping the sites
in place after water, please pass them on.
Susanne
mom to Jessica 13, Ryan 9 diagnosed at 17 months,
Rebecca 7 and Justin 4.
--- Sharon Santana <email @ redacted> wrote:
> steven swims just about every day... and that means
> a new site every
> nite. we have been using mastisol. i paint it on
> with a q-tip, in a
> circle, blow on it till its sticky, then do the
> quickset. it stays for
> about 2 days if no swimming (3 if i'm really lucky).
> its a drag, to say
> the least. tonite, it feel out in the shower, after
> a day of swimming.
> steven said he doesnt want to go to the beach
> anymore, because he doesnt
> want to keep losing his sites. any brilliant
> suggestions out there?
> when i did the new site tonite, i put the mastisol,
> put an IV3000, more
> mastisol, and went thru the tape. MAYBE it will
> help.
> --
> Sharon, mom to Gabrielle 13 dx 5/98, MDI
> and Steven 7 dx 7/00, pumping!!!
> Brooklyn, New York
> "Where's the #*&$ cure?"

> help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers

=====
Susanne~mom to Jessica 13, Ryan 9 diagnosed at 17 months, Rebecca 7 & Justin 4.