Re: [IPp] phone call that felt great

Dear Sarah,

You are right, the meeting must take place before school starts.  I think
it is very funny that my school wants to do it on the first day.  They
think that once Jessy is there, they will be able to do whatever, but
guess what?  Jess doesn't go back to school until all is settled.
Unfortunately for her.  She loves school, and seeing her friends, and the
first few days are always so exciting, but I refuse to play games with
them this year.  (Last year they really hung me out to dry, promises in
the 504 were not kept, i wish I had known then what I know now.)

Until last year, I didn't even know what a 504 plan was.  They used that
to their advantage.  Not this year.  I am well prepared and well armed.
Sarah, at the first sign of trouble, please write an e mail to Rachael.
She wants to hear from you and everyone else that has trouble.  If she
gets enough complaints, it will go to Washington, DC!  Changes in the way
the schools run things will be made, and it will benefit children all
over the nation.  We have to stand together!  Listen to me, a week ago, I
was doubting myself and ready to give up........boy what a little
encouragement from all of you can do.

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] phone call
that felt great >Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:51:22 EDT > >I did read the
letter, it was great. I am in the process of writing a letter >to
Matthew's school to have our meeting. Last year our meeting was held two
>weeks after school started, this year is must take place before the
first >day. I hope they cooperate. >Sarah :)