Re: Nancy Leach - Re: [IPp] Re: [IP] Silhouette users

> In a message dated 8/3/2002 7:14:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > The user guide that we got from MiniMed said to prime 1
> ours did too...but the trainer crossed it out & put .7 and told us
> the same.  I forget what she told us was the rationale, other than
> perhaps someone came up with the precise amount????

The H-Tron pump normally is programmed to have bolus increments of
0.5u  -- thus the only choice for a "Tender" is to bolus 1 unit. The
actual volume of the Sil/Tender/Comfort set when the inserter needle
is removed is 0.75 units. With a MM or Animas pump you would bolus
0.8 units or as some CDE's have said 0.7 units. Any of the above
should be close enough.