Re: [IPp] Silhouette users

We have always used sils and were taught by our rep from minimed and our endo
to prime 1 unit. Now, 4 weeks ago we upgraded to the Paradigm and at the
training were told numerous times that the sils were still exactly the same
except for the connector piece. BUT, then when they were going over priming
said to prime the cannula .7 units. So, like 20 of us raised our hand and
said WHOA! Why if they are the same are we only priming .7 instead of 1.0?
The rep said she wasn't sure but just follow the new recommendations. So I
called our first rep that we have gotten to know real well from camp and so
on, and she said, between me and you she has no idea why they are saying the
cannula takes less to prime now. That they have changed the priming amount on
all their sets for the paradigm even though the cannulas are the same! She
had no idea why and said she never gets a real answer. She is also a pumper
and said when she went to the paradigm she still uses the sam e prime amount
as before. So we stuck with the 1.0 just like always and we havn't had any
problems.Anyway , sorry this is long just thought I'd share what I heard!