Re: HELP!!!!! was Re: [IPp] re: Noah's 504 plan

In a message dated 8/2/02 10:37:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The only way a child gets an IEP is if they fall under special education.
> Meaning they need extra help in a field of education, ex: speech and
> language...otherwise they get a 504 plan but only if requested by a parent.
> I have never heard of a school volunteering to do a 504 on their own.
> Sarah :)

Interesting thread.....Scottish Rite hospital told me that our school went
out of compliance when they refused Mary Spec Ed for some problems I was
seeing but had no name for...apparently, legally, diabetes is enough under
OHI.....turns out Mary has a developmental delay needing a lot of help in
addition to diabetes, depression and early neuropathy....school still has
refused to help even under 504, of course this is the district where their
attorney rewrote Mary's health plan that was signed by her endo......go
now ten!