Re: HELP!!!!! was Re: [IPp] re: Noah's 504 plan

In a message dated 8/2/2002 9:14:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> A school system is mandated by the school to comply with a 504 if they
> receive federal funding, however, a school receives no money from the
> federal government for students who have 504's. That is why schools don't
> want to do 504.

I don't find this to be true.  Our school wants nothing to do with an IEP.
They say that Jacob won't fall under IDEA.  All they want to deal with is a
504 and they are more than happy to help get whatever Jacob needs in his 504